The Gatorade Secondary School Athletic Trainer Award
Nominate an outstanding AT today! The Gatorade Secondary School Athletic Trainer award recognizes a certified athletic trainer from each NATA district who has made outstanding contributions in furthering their high school’s athletic care program or the overall profession of secondary school athletic training. Visit www.nata.org/Gatorade-Secondary- School-AT-Award to nominate a secondary school athletic trainer in your district. The winner will receive a $1,000 grant toward the program featured in their submission, a Gatorade G Series Performance package including everything from coolers and squeeze bottles to product and towels and a Sidelines Cart to give teams’ sidelines a professional look, an exclusive SS AT Award Winner Jacket and a full-paid trip to the 2017 NATA Clinical Annual Symposia & AT Expo. Additionally, the nominator of the Far West Athletic Trainers’ Association winner will also win $250 cash or Gatorade product.
- Active certified athletic trainer and a current member of NATA
- NPI #
- BOC certified
- A full-time or part-time employee in the secondary schools
- Individuals cannot self-nominate
- Visit NATA.org (nata.org/Gatorade-Secondary- School-AT-Award) for application details
Previous Winner’s Testimonial:
From the 2015 Rocky Mountain Athletic Trainers’ Association winner, Sam Lee from Hawaii Baptist Academy in Honolulu, HI, “I realized just how very affirming it is for people to see and value what we as athletic trainers do – day in and day out – in the realm of athletic health care.”
Suggested Social Media Content
We know social media is a strong engagement channel, so we encourage you to share the news via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (as applicable). Below please find suggested tweets and posts and an image to share alongside.
- FWATA nomination deadline for the Gatorade Secondary School AT award is 1/30/17! Act now! Details @ http://bit.ly/2eKFD5C
- Nominations are rolling in! Make sure to meet the Jan. 30 deadline 4 nominating an AT 4 the Gatorade SS AT award http://bit.ly/2eKFD5C
Suggested Timeline for Content Distribution
To ensure your District members are informed and actively applying for the award, we recommend the following schedule:
- Now: Post award information on your District website
- November, 2016: Share information via your District social channels
- December, 2016: Distribute an eblast to your District members
- Week of January 16: Share information again via your District social channels
Need Help? Have Questions?
For additional information about this award, please contact Teresa Dimiduk, Gatorade Influencer Partnerships & Education (Teresa.Dimiduk@pepsico.com) or Bart Peterson, Chair of the Secondary School Athletic Trainers Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)