UCSF Hosts 1-Day Sports Injury & Rehabilitation Conference June 13, 2015 (7 CEUs)
8th Annual UCSF Sports Medicine Sports Injury and Rehabilitation Conference (7 CEUs)
Saturday, June 13, 2015 | 8:00am – 5:00pm
Genentech Building @ UCSF
Genentech Building, Byers Hall, 1st Floor
600 16th Street
San Francisco, CA 94158
As certified athletic trainers and physical therapists you are on the front lines of musculoskeletal care for young athletes. With the rising popularity of youth sports in the United States, more and more of our patients will be college-age and younger. In this course we aim to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to care for pediatric and adolescent patients with sports injuries.
At the end of this conference you will be able to:
- Build a differential diagnosis for a pediatric/adolescent patient with an acute knee, shoulder, ankle or hip injury
- Recognize indications for sports medicine referral for a young athlete with a musculoskeletal injury of the knee, shoulder, ankle or hip
- Perform a complete examination of the knee
- Perform a complete examination of the shoulder
- Describe the initial management for a student athlete with a sports concussion
According to the education levels described by the CEC Committee of the NATA, the following continuing education course is considered to be a Moderate Level.
*Registration includes boxed lunch, refreshments, and a flash drive with lecture presentations.