The mission of the Public Relations Committee is to assist the efforts of the Far West Athletic Trainers Association (FWATA) in support of the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) vision and mission statement. The PR committee assumes responsibility for the strategic management of relationships between District 8 committees and FWATA members through the use of communication. The PR Committee also works to promote a positive image of District 8 both internally and externally, serves as a media liaison, and coordinates or assists with special FWATA activities.
Execute a comprehensive plan to promote and advance the image of athletic training in support of the Far West Athletic Trainers Association mission and goals.
1. Implement and update the public relations plan.
2. Promote FWATA personnel, services, programs, and activities to enhance and express the image of the NATA locally, statewide, regionally, and nationally.
3. Inform targeted audiences about athletic training and build support for the profession.
4. Encourage members to project a consistently favorable image of the profession within the medical field, to the community, and to each other.
5. Coordinate and promote activities that respond to community needs and enhance the districts relationship to the community.
6. Promote positive communications among internal and external audiences, including college and universities, secondary schools, administration, students, athletes, board members, government officials, and others.
7. Produce timely, quality publications that provide information about FWATA programs, policies, and activities and that establish athletic training as a progressive profession to a broad audience.
8. Provide communications support for the district.
Courtesy of the NATA Communications Toolkit
Courtesy of the NATA Public Relations Committee PR Resource & Stylebook
Sample Communications Strategic Plan
Creating a plan is the first step toward success. This sample shows the traditional components of a communications plan, which helps provide focus and structure for an organization’s communication strategy.
Template: Annual Communications Calendar
Organize your annual communication plan with this calendar, which provides a broad overview of scheduled events, promotions and campaigns.
Template: Monthly Communications Run Sheet
For those who have multiple people on the communications team, a run sheet is designed to provide the month’s strategic focus and keep everyone on the same page. It should be distributed at the beginning of the month to help organize that month’s strategies and tactics.
Social Media Best Practices
Wanting to expand or improve your social media presence? This document provides tips and tricks for social media managers.
NATA News District News Submission Calendar
Get your district information included in the NATA News by following the guidelines and deadlines on this calendar.
NATA Verbal Style Guide
Athletic training has its own terminology, and NATA follows specific rules within its publications. Districts are encouraged to adopt these guidelines to help us convey a consistent message to the general public.
California ATA PR Chair
San Diego State University
A.B. Miller High School
University San Diego
Hawaii ATA PR Chair
University of Hawaii
Social Media Administrator
UC Santa Barbara
Nevada ATA PR Chair
Wynn, Las Vegas